Don’t miss out on this Summer Deal.
June 14 thru Aug 28: SUMMER SCHEDULE:
WHAT A DEAL!!!!
Bring a friend (new student only) and if they purchase a 5 class pass ($60) before July 31, you can purchase ONE 5 class pass before July 31 for 1/2 price! ($30)
It might be FOGGY outside, but things are HOT in the studio…..come join us!
Saturday: 8am Zumba with Jackie
Sunday: 9:30am Zumba with Kellie
Tuesday 6:30pm Zumba with Kellie
Wednesday 7pm Pilates & Stretch with Marissa…NEW TIME FOR SUMMER
Thursday: 7pm Zumba with Jackie
Mark your Calendar!
No Class June 11 & 12
No Class July 4, 5, 6
For more information check out http://sanfranciscodancefitness.com/
As Summer approaches…so do summer vacation trips. The weather at summer destinations is often much warmer than our fair city of San Francisco.
Here are some helpful tips from the Mayo Clinic for staying safe when exercising in warmer weather.
When you exercise in hot weather, keep these precautions in mind:
- Watch the temperature. Pay attention to weather forecasts and heat alerts. Know what the temperature is expected to be for the duration of your planned outdoor activity.
- Get acclimated. If you’re used to exercising indoors or in cooler weather, take it easy at first when you exercise in the heat. As your body adapts to the heat over the course of one to two weeks, gradually increase the length and intensity of your workouts.
- Know your fitness level. If you’re unfit or new to exercise, be extra cautious when working out in the heat. Your body may have a lower tolerance to the heat. Reduce your exercise intensity and take frequent breaks.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration is a key factor in heat illness. Help your body sweat and cool down by staying well-hydrated with water. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink fluids.
- If you plan to exercise intensely, consider a sports drink instead of water. Sports drinks can replace the sodium, chloride and potassium you lose through sweating. Avoid alcoholic drinks because they can actually promote fluid loss.
- Dress appropriately. Lightweight, loose-fitting clothing helps sweat evaporate and keeps you cooler. Avoid dark colors, which can absorb heat. If possible, wear a light-colored, wide-brimmed hat.
- Avoid midday sun. Exercise in the morning or evening, when it’s likely to be cooler outdoors. If possible, exercise in shady areas — or do a water workout in a pool.
- Wear sunscreen. A sunburn decreases your body’s ability to cool itself and increases the risk of skin cancer.
- Have a backup plan. If you’re concerned about the heat or humidity, stay indoors. Work out at the gym, walk laps inside the mall or climb stairs inside an air-conditioned building.
- Understand your medical risks. Certain medical conditions or medications can increase your risk of a heat-related illness. If you plan to exercise in the heat, talk to your doctor about precautions.
– Courtesy of Mayo Clinic
Did you know there is a Zumba Class for the Young of Heart?
Yes, that’s right Groove it at your own pace with Zumba Gold®
Zumba Gold® is an easy-to-follow Zumba program that lets you move to the beat at your own speed. It’s an invigorating, community-oriented dance-fitness class that feels fresh, and most of all, exhilarating! Zumba Gold® classes provide modified, low-impact moves for active older adults.
So join me in this class made just for your type of groovin’.
Zumba Gold® Mondays 10:15am at the Annex of the Stonestown YMCA . No drop-in fee for members of Stonestown Family YMCA. $3 a class for non-members.
Zumba Gold® Tuesdays 3:00pm at Golden Gate Senior Center – Free. Must be 55 or better. More info at sfrecpark.org
Zumba Gold® Wednesdays 8:30am at the Presidio YMCA – no fee for YMCA members -day use passes available for purchase contact the YMCA Presidio.
Zumba Gold® Wednesdays 2:00pm at Eureka Valley Rec Center in the Castro –Free . Must be 55 and better. More info at sfrecpark.org
Sad to announce…due to low attendance, Zumba in the Circuit on Tuesdays at 10am at Curves/Twin Peaks location is canceled.
I will remain as a sub.
All the best to the wonderful members of this location.
It’s not too late to be summer ready. Join me in the ultimate cardio, calorie burning fitness party!!!
Check my class schedule for the class nearest you!
At YMCA Stonestown
Burn calories in Cycling Class
Strut your stuffing in Zumba
Find your tranquilty in Yoga
Click on Thanksgiving Group X Schedule below for more details….
Thanksgiving Group X Schedule Flyer Color
Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!
Beginning Thursday, April 26. Claudia Rodas will be teaching Zumba Toning at 6:30pm.
What is Zumba Toning?
When it comes to body sculpting, Zumba Toning raises the bar (or rather, the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused Zumba moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness-party. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. Zumba Toning is the perfect way for enthusiasts to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a total blast.
Yours truly has a family commitment and will be unable to teach Thursday evenings at SFYBA. I will be on hand to sub for Claudia Zumba Toning Class as needed.
My schedule remains unchanged for Fridays at 10am and Saturdays 8am.
Coming soon in May Zumba Gold Toning. 🙂
Zumba® Gold-Toning – The Zumba®Gold-Toning program offers the best of both worlds — the exhilarating experience of a Zumba Fitness-Party with the benefits of safe-and-effective strength training. It’s an easy-to-follow, health-boosting dance-fitness program for baby boomers as well as beginners. Through dynamic lightweight resistance training and exciting international rhythms, Zumba Gold-Toning classes help participants build muscle strength, increase bone density, and improve mobility, posture and coordination.
Spring yourself into summer shape with Zumba Fitness with Jackie…
New Zumba Gold Class beginning March 13th. (www.zumba.com for more info.)
Schedule for March 2012
Zumba Gold Mondays at IT Bookman Center 10am and Wednesday &Fridays at Presidio YMCA 8:30am
Zumba Fitness Mondays at YMCA/Presidio 5pm and Thursdays 6:30pm,Fridays 10am & Saturdays 8am at SFDF.
Subbing in March at Richmond Village Beacon Center
Join me! Class is 8-9pm.I will be there on 3/8, 3/20 and 3/22. This class is free to registered participants in Beacon Center. So registered and check out all the fabulous programs they have for the community.
Mondays Zumba Gold 10:00am IT Bookman Community Center
Tuesdays Zumba in the Circuit 10:00am&10:30am Curves Twin Peaks
Wednesdays Zumba in the Circuit 7:30am Curves Twin Peaks
Wednesdays Zumba Gold 8:30am YMCA/Presidio
Wednesdays Zumba Fitness 6:30pm Raise the Bar Fitness
Thursdays Zumba Fitness 6:30pm SFYBA
Fridays Zumba Gold 8:30am YMCA/Presidio
Saturdays Zumba Fitness 8:00am SFYBA