Did you notice the new tab on the Home page? Zumba SF Playlists
I been getting request for names of songs I use for class. I decided to just list the names of songs on the current playlists for both Zumba Fitness and Zumba Gold classes. I hope this helps. Can’t wait to see you in class.
In observance of our Nation’s Birthday, there will be no Zumba Fitness classes at San Francisco Dance Fitness on Saturday, July 5th and Sunday, July 6. Have a safe and wonderful holiday.
Remember New Class…
That means I will be subbing for my Zumba Instructor pals who are on vacation.
Richmond Village Beacon Center
(on the campus of George Washington High School)
Wednesday evenings, 8pm-9pm. 7/2/14 – 7/30/14
San Francisco Dance Fitness
Tuesday evenings 6:30pm-7:30pm, 7/1/14 – 7/22/14.
Sunday, 9:30am on 7/13/14.
Active Sports/Club One Nob Hill
Friday, 7/11/14, 10am-11am.
Active Sports/Club One Union Square
Friday, 7/11/14, 12:30pm-1:30pm
Don’t forget my new class with Zumba in th Park on Wednesday, July 9th at 10:30am at West Sunset Playground (meet at the tennis courts).
Have you been to a Zumba Class in your neighborhood Park?
Don’t miss out on the fitness party in one of our beautiful parks or neighborhood recreation centers in San Francisco.
Come and join me this Summer at West Sunset Playground in the Outer Sunset Neighborhood on Wednesday Mornings. Class Begins July 9th at 10:30 am on the tennis courts. No Reservations Required. Free.
Proudly brought to you by The Movement in the Parks Program and the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department.
For more information and locations for this Park Program please visit http://sfrecpark.org/recprogram/zumba-in-the-parks/
I have a nasty flu, so unfortunately, I will have to cancel all my Saturday, June 21 Zumba classes.
Don’t miss out on this Summer Deal.
June 14 thru Aug 28: SUMMER SCHEDULE:
WHAT A DEAL!!!!
Bring a friend (new student only) and if they purchase a 5 class pass ($60) before July 31, you can purchase ONE 5 class pass before July 31 for 1/2 price! ($30)
It might be FOGGY outside, but things are HOT in the studio…..come join us!
Saturday: 8am Zumba with Jackie
Sunday: 9:30am Zumba with Kellie
Tuesday 6:30pm Zumba with Kellie
Wednesday 7pm Pilates & Stretch with Marissa…NEW TIME FOR SUMMER
Thursday: 7pm Zumba with Jackie
Mark your Calendar!
No Class June 11 & 12
No Class July 4, 5, 6
For more information check out http://sanfranciscodancefitness.com/
As Summer approaches…so do summer vacation trips. The weather at summer destinations is often much warmer than our fair city of San Francisco.
Here are some helpful tips from the Mayo Clinic for staying safe when exercising in warmer weather.
When you exercise in hot weather, keep these precautions in mind:
- Watch the temperature. Pay attention to weather forecasts and heat alerts. Know what the temperature is expected to be for the duration of your planned outdoor activity.
- Get acclimated. If you’re used to exercising indoors or in cooler weather, take it easy at first when you exercise in the heat. As your body adapts to the heat over the course of one to two weeks, gradually increase the length and intensity of your workouts.
- Know your fitness level. If you’re unfit or new to exercise, be extra cautious when working out in the heat. Your body may have a lower tolerance to the heat. Reduce your exercise intensity and take frequent breaks.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration is a key factor in heat illness. Help your body sweat and cool down by staying well-hydrated with water. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink fluids.
- If you plan to exercise intensely, consider a sports drink instead of water. Sports drinks can replace the sodium, chloride and potassium you lose through sweating. Avoid alcoholic drinks because they can actually promote fluid loss.
- Dress appropriately. Lightweight, loose-fitting clothing helps sweat evaporate and keeps you cooler. Avoid dark colors, which can absorb heat. If possible, wear a light-colored, wide-brimmed hat.
- Avoid midday sun. Exercise in the morning or evening, when it’s likely to be cooler outdoors. If possible, exercise in shady areas — or do a water workout in a pool.
- Wear sunscreen. A sunburn decreases your body’s ability to cool itself and increases the risk of skin cancer.
- Have a backup plan. If you’re concerned about the heat or humidity, stay indoors. Work out at the gym, walk laps inside the mall or climb stairs inside an air-conditioned building.
- Understand your medical risks. Certain medical conditions or medications can increase your risk of a heat-related illness. If you plan to exercise in the heat, talk to your doctor about precautions.
- Courtesy of Mayo Clinic
In observance of the Memorial Day Holiday, the Stonestown YMCA Annex is closed. No Zumba Gold 10:15am class at the Annex of the Stonestown YMCA.
The YMCA Presidio Branch is offering a limited class schedule, and the branch will close at 1pm. No Zumba Class at 5pm.
For a list of classes offered for the Memorial Day holiday please visit www.ymcasf.org/presidio
Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Holiday!
Did you know there is a Zumba Class for the Young of Heart?
Yes, that’s right Groove it at your own pace with Zumba Gold®
Zumba Gold® is an easy-to-follow Zumba program that lets you move to the beat at your own speed. It’s an invigorating, community-oriented dance-fitness class that feels fresh, and most of all, exhilarating! Zumba Gold® classes provide modified, low-impact moves for active older adults.
So join me in this class made just for your type of groovin’.
Zumba Gold® Mondays 10:15am at the Annex of the Stonestown YMCA . No drop-in fee for members of Stonestown Family YMCA. $3 a class for non-members.
Zumba Gold® Tuesdays 3:00pm at Golden Gate Senior Center – Free. Must be 55 or better. More info at sfrecpark.org
Zumba Gold® Wednesdays 8:30am at the Presidio YMCA – no fee for YMCA members -day use passes available for purchase contact the YMCA Presidio.
Zumba Gold® Wednesdays 2:00pm at Eureka Valley Rec Center in the Castro -Free . Must be 55 and better. More info at sfrecpark.org